WIN a FREE Pop-up Kitchen!
— 11 May 2022, 15:19 by Mugib Rahman
BOXPARK teams up with StartUp Croydon to launch a competition for budding chefs and restaurateurs to win a free pop-up kitchen
We are excited to announce that we have partnered with StartUp Croydon, to launch a competition to give early stage food entrepreneurs the opportunity to win one of three FREE week-long pop-ups in September 2022 at BOXPARK Croydon!
The best performing pop-up during their week-long stint will be offered the chance to trade for up to three months in the pop-up kitchen later this year. This is an amazing opportunity to show your food off to our Croydon foodie audience so apply to get involved today!
Through free mentoring and ongoing support available, StartUp Croydon will also help up to 12 people prepare a formal proposal to BOXPARK. In addition, they will also be required to prepare a signature dish to the judges in a taste testing session which will form part of the assessment process.
Our pop-up kitchen is usually rented out to established businesses but we want to give budding and up and coming chefs the chance to test out their food concept to the local community.
The opportunity is open to Croydon residents or from surrounding boroughs who have:
- Developed a good food concept and may have started a home based food business during lockdowns; or
- Been trading for less than two years and now want to make the next move to a physical site without the major expense that this involves and who want to reach a wider customer base.
Ideally, you will also have, or be working towards:
- A level 3 food hygiene / safety certificate
- Registering your business with Croydon Council Food Safety Team
- A good social media following
- Good customer feedback or reviews if you have already started trading
We will be holding an open day on 19 May 2022 at BOXPARK CROYDON to find out more information on this exciting opportunity and how to apply.
Book your space here!