COVID-19 Update: Dec 2021
— 9 Dec 2021, 17:51 by Tashia Cameron
The government has today (Wednesday 08 December) announced a new set of restrictions to limit the spread of Covid variant Omicron, in the UK.
The key changes are as follows:
- Face coverings will be required in indoor venues and public settings
- People will be asked to work from home where possible
- The NHS Covid Pass will be required for visitors to nightclubs, indoor seated venues with more than 500, unseated outdoor venues with more than 4,000 people and any event with more than 10,000 people
Here’s an update on how the changes will affect BOXPARK venues from Friday 10 December:
WHAT WILL STAY
- The BOXPARK Black Card will be a requirement for entry at weekends and after 5pm Monday – Friday
- Table service will still be available, giving you a smooth, digital ordering experience
- Hand sanitiser stations will stay around so please continue to use these
- Our increased cleaning regimes will remain on site
WHAT WILL CHANGE
- Our site teams will be running Covid Pass / Vaccine checks for guests with all large-scale events (500+ people)*
- Everyone will be encouraged to wear a face covering whilst moving around the venue
Throughout the pandemic, we have been focused on making sure everyone can enjoy their experience at BOXPARK in a safe environment - and although the Government guidance on Covid-19 continues to change, the priority of our guests, traders and team remains our number one priority as we embark on this next phase of reopening the capital.
*Alongside the extensive Covid-secure measures we already have in place on site, all ticket holders for our bigger events are required to present evidence that they are at a low-risk of transmitting COVID-19 to enter this event.
Our large-scale events leading up to Christmas include FATBOY SLIM (BOXPARK Croydon, Sat 18 Dec), Recess (BOXPARK Wembley, Sun 19 Dec), Issa Vibe NYE (BOXPARK Croydon, Fri 13 Dec).
Evidence be demonstrated in one of the following ways:
- Proof of a negative Lateral Flow Test (LFT), reported and demonstrated via your NHS COVID Pass on the NHS app, or a text message or email from NHS Test and Trace. This can be on your device (including a screenshot) or a printout. The test needs to be taken within 48 hours of the time the event starts.
- Or proof of full vaccination - both doses received at least 14 days prior to the event. It must be demonstrated either via your NHS COVID Pass on the NHS App or the English vaccination letter.
The easiest way to demonstrate your COVID-19 status is via the NHS COVID Pass on the NHS App. Please note your vaccination card will not be accepted.
These safety measures are in line with the new government restrictions and are required by all guests attending our large-scale events.