We're Recruiting: Financial Controller
— 13 Jun 2017 by Matt Carter
FINAL APPLICATIONS FRIDAY 23RD JUNE
Position: Financial Controller
Salary: Up to £50K per year plus bonus
Hours: 9-6pm Mon-Fri
Boxpark is the World's 1st pop up mall company. We have just opened our 1st Food and Drink only retail destination, Boxpark Croydon and have ambitious UK and International growth plans. With such tremendous growth, the opportunities are endless. We are looking for an energetic professional to manage the financial functions of the business.
Reporting to FD/COO and CEO, main duties will include producing and reviewing the following:
- Management of accounting records and preparation of monthly management accounts on a timely basis
- Forecasting and management of cash flow
- Performance analysis, investment appraisal and supporting management decision making
- Working with management team to define the most appropriate monthly management information and defining processes to produce the same, including launch phase for new locations and relevant processes
- Preparation of annual accounts and tax returns with external auditors Statutory reporting
- Preparation of annual budget, forecasts and business plans, and continued performance monitoring & evaluation of these
- Preparation of 5 year business plan
- Producing weekly trading reports using data from front and back of house systems VAT, including ensuring on time Monthly / Quarterly VAT returns
The role will also be responsible for the following, with the assistance of a Financial Assistant.
- Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable, including raising invoices, managing purchase orders
- Reconciling cash income, bank accounts and stock
- Staff expenses
- Weekly and monthly payroll including overtime, holiday, and sickness records, together with PAYE payments and management of employee benefits such as pensions, benefits-in-kind etc.
We are looking for a ambitious, results-focused individual who demonstrates a high level of professional integrity and extremely strong technical understanding and skills across a broad range of finance functions. A candidate who will continuously look at ways of improving processes by challenging the way things are done, review the design and as appropriate implement process improvements.
You will bring a passionate and proactive style to the Finance function and have the ability to work in a pressurised environment. In addition, the following skills and experiences will be required:
- An energetic and collaborative commercially minded Financial Controller
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent qualifications
- Proven experience of Xero accounting software
- Proficient user of Excel and other MS Office software
- Strong analytical reporting and communication skills
- A good problem solver who actively looks for improvements
- Maintains a flexible attitude and approach to changing requirements and priorities
- Ability to work accurately and adhere to key deadlines
- Previous Financial management of a leisure and/or property related business
This is an excellent opportunity to join an exciting and rapidly expanding company.
To apply please email email@example.com with a covering letter, CV and photo, outlining relevant qualifications and experience.