BOXPARK Asks: East Wing Collective
We welcomed designer/creator crew East Wing Collective to BOXPARK by firing our BIG 8 questions directly at their inbox. They kindly e-mailed back these delightful answers.
Find out a bit more about East Wing Collective before you visit their store at Unit 17:
1. Tell us about who you are and what you do:
The East Wing Collective design and make products in London and take joy in simplicity, beauty and the unexpected. Working with leather, screen, printing and laser cutting, to us, the making process is as important as the outcome.
2. Which song best sums up your brand?
Depeche Mode – Something To Do. Because the studio is a hive of activity.
3. What can we expect from your stay at BOXPARK?
The finest selection of the most beautiful products made in London!
4. Which piece from your current collection is your favourite?
It’s too hard to choose just one! We adore Another studio’s tiny metal pop-up architecture and Fannny Shorter’s Brain cushion!
5. Which current BOXPARK brand are you most excited about appearing alongside and why?
We feel extremely privileged as young designers to be alongside the NIKEiD Studio (now NIKE Sportswear) and are VERY excited about Cotton’s Rhum shack…maybe too excited.
6. What’s the best reason to come to Shoreditch for a shopping spree?
It’s the perfect escape from the generic high street where you can find truly unique pieces that you won’t find anywhere else in the world.
7. What’s your top Shoreditch tip?
We love Jaguar Shoes, there is always have something interesting going on, Installations, collaborations, or a new fashion designer showcasing something great, and you can enjoy it all with a tasty cocktail. Our main tip is to drink mid-week and allow yourself to end up somewhere unexpected!
8. What does the future hold for your brand?
Plenty more Pop-ups! Open studios, and designer collaborations!